Thermal Transfer LabelsThermal transfer label printing requires a barcode printer that utilizes a thermal transfer ribbon to transfer barcodes, text or graphics from the thermal transfer ribbon to the thermal transfer label. Thermal transfer labels are printed when the print head is heated. This activates the ribbon on to the thermal transfer label (thermal transfer label stock).
Labelmatch offers an impressive selection of thermal transfer labels including paper and synthetic facestocks with different adhesives for even the most challenging of applications.
General purpose thermal transfer labeling applications usually pair a top-coated or uncoated paper thermal transfer label with a wax thermal transfer ribbon. This combination is suitable for most variable print applications including UPC barcoding, SSCC labels, retail and manufacturing compliance labeling, shipment labeling (unit, carton, master pack and pallet) and transportation labeling.
More specialized thermal transfer label applications are offered as stock items and can also be custom produced to meet your specific requirements. Using synthetic thermal transfer label stocks such as polyester, polyolefin, Kimdura™ and BOPP (biaxally oriented polypropylene) combined with the correct thermal transfer ribbon, Labelmatch can help you create a long term, durable combination to meet even the harshest of environments.
- Excellent resolution
- Thermal transfer labels offer more facestock options than direct thermal labels
- Printhead life extended by ribbon backcoat
- Thermal transfer labels offer better, chemical and environmental resistance when compared to direct thermal labels
- Thermal transfer labels are a 2 piece solution - Thermal transfer label and thermal transfer ribbon are both required
- Ribbon is good for a single pass. Every inch of thermal label printed requires and equal inch of ribbon (some printers do offer “ribbon saver" features to assist in reducing this cost)
- Compared to Direct Thermal Labels, Thermal Transfer Labels are more labor intensive to load since a thermal transfer ribbon also needs to be loaded
Common Thermal Transfer Label Categories
- Thermal Transfer Labels - 3" Core and 8" OD (outside diameter)
- Thermal Transfer Labels - 1" Core and 4" OD (outside diameter)
- Thermal Transfer Label - 3" Core and 12" OD for auto applicators (print and apply)
- Fanfold Thermal Transfer Labels
- Polyester Thermal Transfer Labels
- Floodcoated Thermal Transfer Labels
Cant find what you are looking for? Call us at 1.800.726.7334 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST or try our Live Chat.
100% Guaranteed Satisfaction. Sticky Business Made Easy