Direct Thermal LabelsDirect thermal labels require a barcode printer that utilizes a thermal printhead to create barcodes, text or graphics. A chemical reaction occurs in the direct thermal label facestock when the printhead is heated which turns the heated area black. Unlike thermal transfer labels, no thermal transfer ribbon is required.
Labelmatch offers a vast selection of direct thermal labels including direct thermal labels for desktop printers and fanfolded direct thermal labels.
General purpose direct thermal labels are generally suitable for short term applications such as compliance labeling and freight/small package shipping. As a rule, we generally do not recommend direct thermal labels for applications where circulation of the label is longer than 6-12 months. It is also not recommended for applications where the direct thermal label is exposed to high heat or sunlight. Please consult with Labelmatch Label Advisor.
- No thermal transfer ribbon required for printing. One piece solution.
- Direct thermal labels are easy to load, easy to use. EASY!
- Restricted to temperatures below 140°F (60°C)
- Limited direct thermal facestock materials available
- Printing speed limitations (based on the direct thermal label material)
Common Direct Thermal Label Categories
- Direct Thermal Labels - 3" Core and 8" OD (outside diameter)
- Direct Thermal Labels - 1" Core and 4" OD (outside diameter)
- Direct Thermal Label - 3" Core and 12" OD for auto applicators (print and apply)
- Fanfold Direct Thermal Labels
Cant find what you are looking for? Call us at 1.800.726.7334 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. EST or try our Live Chat.
100% Guaranteed Satisfaction. Sticky Business Made Easy